Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Generation - The Who



I watched a movie the other night, Pirate Radio. It was a cute movie about rock radio in the UK during the 60's. I enjoyed the movie and recommend it. This song has been in my head all night and morning. I didn't know this, but apparently all the UK had for radio was the BBC. The BBC only played rock music for 2 hours a week. In order for people to get any more rock music there was pirate radio which played rock around the clock. I remember there being lots of rock radio stations here in the USA and that was during the days of AM radio. I also remember listening to Beaker Street which was a radio program airing late at night from KAAY Little Rock known as The Rock of the South. It would only come in late at night and it had to be a clear night at that. They always played the best rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment