Sunday, January 23, 2011

God Bless The Child - Blood Sweat & Tears

I've had a lot of Blood Sweat & Tears songs in my head the last few days. This song has been in my head since 4:00 am this morning. I've always enjoyed listening to this song. But, today I'm wondering what it really means. Look at these lyrics:
And rich relations may give you, a crust of bread and such
You can help yourself, but don't take to much
Mama may have, and papa may have
God bless the child that's got his own,
That's got his own

What is it that Mama & Papa may have? And, what exactly is got his own? What is own? I don't know, but I sure am wondering.

Another song that goes along with this theme, at least the child theme, is And When I Die. I thought that I would include a video of that as well since I'm on the Blood Sweat & Tears thing today.

The first video is not the study version of the song and the audio could be a little stronger, but it's a nice version, a little more jazzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment