Monday, February 27, 2012

Family Affair - Sly and Family Stone

The other day this song came to mind. My wife was helping her mother and brother. I was called to help out too. Later, our daughter brought some food for us to eat. This song just popped in my head; it was truly a family affair. I started singing the song. I think my wife was the only one that got it.

I was shocked to find that I don't have this song in my iTunes library. It is not on the Greatest Hits CD, but it is on the Essential CD which is a 2 CD set.

I once saw Sly and Family Stone live in Mobile, AL. It was a good show. They were actually the opening act for Wet Willie that day. I have to say that the Sly show was more memorable but there was a lot of excitement for the Wet Willie show. That was a long time ago.

I've included two videos. The first is most typical. The second is a live recording from 2007. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment