Friday, August 19, 2011

New York Afternoon - Rare Silk


Back in the early 80's I lived in Boulder, Colorado. During my time there I had the pleasure of seeing Rare Silk several times: a couple of times at the Boulder Theater and once at the Blue Note. Their harmony is nothing less than amazing.

The other morning while in Atlanta I played this song from my iTunes for my wife. It is good music to wake up to; at least I think so. For a couple of days afterward this song was in my head, so I thought I should write a short post about it.

This song is found on the New Weave album. This album is very hard to find and I no longer have one in my possession; my album disappeared in a house fire. Some day I hope to find a good CD of this album.

The below video is old and the sound quality isn't very good, but it is the only video I could find for a live performance of this song.



This video isn't really a video, but the audio is good so that you can better hear the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment